Mobile phone coverage to Karijini National Park will be significantly…
Registrations of interest have been called for initial boat pens at…
The Minister for Regional Development has announced eight Pilbara…
The Pilbara Rock Oyster Research and Development project survived its…
Tourism operators from the Pilbara have had an opportunity to have…
Australia Day is set to be particularly memorable for one person as the winner of the 2015 My Pilbara Adventure competition is drawn.
The major prize, worth more than $20,000, is a 12-day, all expenses paid trip for two around the Pilbara region visiting some of the country’s most iconic locations including three National Parks and enjoying the towns’ new and upgraded amenities.
The Commission is working together with the four local Government authorities and respective Visitor Information Centres to co-ordinate the draw in Karratha, Paraburdoo, Newman and Port Hedland.
Acting Chief Executive Officer Keith Anthonisz said the combined location of the draw was an opportunity for the whole Pilbara to be involved in the campaign.
“For a region that extends more than 500,000 square kilometres there are a great array of tourism attractions, which made selecting one location to hold the campaign prize draw very difficult.
“So we took to opportunity to engage the four local Government districts in an interactive announcement that people can watch unfold through social media,” Mr Anthonisz said.
To achieve the joint prize draw all entries into the competition will be allocated a four-digit entry number. The draw will start at one location’s community Australia Day breakfast where the first number of the four-digit sequence will be drawn. The remaining numbers will be drawn in sequence in the three remaining locations throughout the morning and posted live onto the campaign’s Facebook page. The four numbers, in the sequence they were drawn, will match the winning entry.
The tourism campaign is in its second year and has achieved a significantly greater number of entries.
“We’ve received more than 4,746 entries so far this year, up from 750 entries received last year,” Mr Anthonisz said.
“These figures are a strong indication that interest in the Pilbara as a place to visit is growing exponentially.
Tourism has been considered in the Commission’s draft Regional Investment Blueprint as a key area of focus to achieve economic diversification.
“Developing the tourism industry is a priority for the Commission and we recognise that it will take the collaborative effort of all levels of Government and advocates of the tourism industry to achieve the region’s vision for industry growth,” Mr Anthonisz said.
“This is also a fantastic opportunity to build momentum for the implementation of the Pilbara Tourism Product Development Plan which was released by the Commission late last year.”
Entries for the competition can be submitted through www.mypilbaraadventure.com.au up until midnight on Friday, 23 January 2015. The prize draw can be viewed online via the campaign’s Facebook page, My Pilbara Adventure.
My Pilbara Adventure is an initiative of the Pilbara Development Commission.